While most of the focus of Volcanoes National Park falls squarely onto the animals, this ‘cultural village’ puts the spotlight back onto the people. Visitors get to experience Rwandan village life by grinding seeds, firing bows and arrows, taking part in a traditional intore dance and even partaking in the marriage of a king to his queen.
Despite the stage-managed atmosphere, it’s a brilliant complement to a morning with the gorillas, and the money goes straight to the local communities. The village is located close to the parking for the Sabyinyo gorilla group. Call at least an hour ahead of your intended visit. You can also stay the night here.
YOUR TRAVEL PLANS ALWAYS TO HAND, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME – YOUR ESSENTIAL TRAVEL COMPANION
Our free Viewtrail App stores your essential travel information in one secure place, ensuring we are with you from start to finish.
- View your travel plans on or offline, wherever and whenever you wish
- Live flight notifications – real time information as you travel
- Online check-in links and pre-tour notifications
- Luggage allowance
- Mapped places of interest – restaurants, shops, stations…plus route guidance back to your hotel
- View e-vouchers and export them to your Apple wallet
- Secure access to booking history, profile and insurance contact information
- One touch emergency contact 365/24/7
- Add to calendar function
- Countdown to travel
- Local time, weather, translator and exchange rate calculator